SACRAMENTO (Aug. 16, 2018) (updated) — The Sacramento Steps Forward
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP): Professional Services to Support the 2019 CA-503 CoC Point-in-Time Count, provided proposers the opportunity to submit questions to SSF regarding the RFP by Aug. 15, 2018. One questions was received. The question and SSF response is below.
- Question: Concerning the RFP recommendation that the survey employ electronic, cloud-based, mobile survey administration tools, does SSF have any requirements or suggestions on what technology would suffice?Answer: We do not recommend any provider, but we have had discussions with Organizer.com a firm that provides software to administer field surveys. Their technology could be useful for the survey task, and applicants who wish to discuss their technology may contact Ryan Mosley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SACRAMENTO (July 30, 2018) — Sacramento Steps Forward (SSF) released a Request for Proposals today seeking a qualified organization to assist with Sacramento’s 2019 Homeless Point-in-Time (PIT) Count. Final proposals are due at 2 p.m. on Aug. 31. SSF plans to conduct the PIT on the evening of Jan. 30, 2019.
The biennial PIT count is a county-wide census of people experiencing homelessness. It provides a snapshot of who is homeless on a single night. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Develop requires local communities to conduct this census every two years as a condition of receiving federal funding for their Homeless Continuum of Care, for which Sacramento Steps Forward is the lead agency.
Key project objectives include:
- Statistical model and methodologies used to calculate the numerical estimates and demographic characteristics of homeless people;
- Review Unsheltered Demographic Survey tools;
- Data analyses, including unsheltered population and subpopulation estimates based upon Count and survey results;
- Communication strategy to effectively communicate and summarize key Count findings; and
- A methodology report (i.e. white paper) summarizing methodologies as they pertain to the determination of findings.
- Develop large canvassing area maps for planning purposes and small subsequent block group maps for volunteers.
Click HERE to access the full RFP for Professional Services to Support the 2019 CA-503 CoC Point-in-Time Count including proposal requirements and submission instructions.
About Sacramento Steps Forward
Sacramento Steps Forward is a nonprofit committed to ending homelessness in our region through collaboration, innovation, and connecting people to services. Walking side-by-side with our partners, we seek to provide people experiencing homelessness with the support and services they need to find stability and long-term housing.