Members present: Jonathan Porteus, Sarah Bontrager, Emily Bender, Alexis Bernard, Cindy Cavanaugh, Alyson Collier, Cathy Creswell, Dion Dwyer, John Foley, Emily Halcon, Stefan Heisler, Mike Jaske, Erin Johansen, Noel Kammermann, Lt. Dan Monk, Amani Sawires Rapaski, Lashanda McCauley, John Kraintz
Members not present: Katie Freeny, Todd Henry, Olivia Kasirye, Sarah O’Daniel
Guests: Angela Upshaw, Benjamin Uhlenhop, Christie Gonzales, MaryLiz Paulsen, Nick Mori, Jeffery Tardaguila, Martin Ross, Cynthia Pimentel, Erica Plumb, Sheri Green, Laurence Lee, Stephanie Cotter, Lianne Egi, Randy SMith, Julie Davis-Jaffe, Angel Doney, Londell Earls, R. Trujillo
SSF Staff: Michele Watts, Nick Lee, Lisa Bates, Ben Avey, Tristina Stewart, Chris Weare, Kate Casarino, Rolf Davidson
Call to Order: Jonathan Porteus, Chair, 8:20 AM
I. Welcome and Introductions: Jonathan Porteus, Chair
II. Review and Approval of Minutes: Emily Bender, Secretary
– Mike Jaske: Correction under Anne’s report– Advisory Board understood that the chair of the Advisory Board would have a voting seat on the SSF Board.
– Dan Monk- Correction– under Item A, Daniel Monk and Todd Henry agency is switched.
– Motion to approve December Minutes with corrections made by Dan and Mike: 1st – Erin Johansen; 2nd – Cindy Cavanaugh, MSC. Abstention: Cathy Creswell
III. Chair’s report:
– It’s been a busy month with the PIT Count, Nominating Committee, and HEAP/CESH in the works.
IV. SSF Board Chair Introduction of Lisa Bates, CEO
– Matt Keasling thanks Anne Moore for stepping in as interim leadership for Sacramento Steps Forward. She helped transition smoothly, while making improvements
– In searching for a new CEO, the SSF BOard looked for someone who knows Sacramento and service providers. The Board unanimously selected Lisa Bates.
V. Item A: 2019 Membership
– Emily Bender presents the slate of new members
Motion to approve slate as presented: Cathy Creswell, 1st, Alyson Collier, 2nd. MSC.
VI. Item B 2019 PIT Report Back
VII. Item C: HEAP & CESH Update
VIII. Item D: 2019 Performance Review Committee Work
X. Item E: Plan for Advisory Board Discussion of Local Priorities
– The SSF Board was approached by City officials in interest to be more collaborative when it comes to homelessness.
Meeting adjourned at 9:40 AM